Updated on September 6, 2022
You select a transporter when you place your order. At that time the shipping cost for your order is determined and added to your order total. That shipping cost covers the shipping of all the products in one single shipment. Making two smaller shipments is generally more expensive than one larger shipment because the cost per kg goes up when the shipment gets smaller. The extra cost depends on many factors, like the original order size, the transporter, the size of part 1 and the size of part 2.
We now have added a new functionality that gives you insights in the cost of splitting an order in 2 shipments. You can review the cost and request a shipment on the Order progress page. [login and a processing order are required]
Why make two shipments?
Maybe you are you in a hurry to receive your order, but some products aren’t ready to be shipped yet? In that case you can request us to split your order and make two shipments. The first part will be shipped right away and will include all the readily available products. The second part will be shipped when the rest of your order is ready or at any time you want.
What are the cost?
You can review the cost and request a shipment on the Order progress page. [login and a processing order are required]
It is important to realize that making two shipments also affects the extra fees you pay to the transporter for customs services. The transporter may prepay duties, taxes and other government charges on behalf of the receiver. The transporter will usually charge you a disbursement fee (also called ‘customs clearance fee’) for this service. With two shipments you will pay this fee twice!
Read more about the extra fees on this page.
When is the best time to split the order?
The best time to ship part 1 is when a large part of your order is ready and the rest of your order is either on backorder or status ‘unknown’.
You can check the status of the order fulfillment on the ‘my account’ page.
Storage: You can also ask us to store part 2 of your order and ship it together with your next order. This is a good option when you only have a few products that aren’t ready yet and you intend to order again soon. You can select this preference on the Order progress page. [login and a processing order are required]
A few notes on storage:
- Storage is free, but you will be required to fully pay for the products that we store for you.
- You can store products for max. 2 years. After 2 years we will consider the stored goods as abandoned and will donate them to an orphanage.
- Cancellation of stored items is not allowed.
- Your final invoice will only include the shipping cost of part 1 of your order.
- The shipping cost of your next order might increase due to the extra weight of additional products in that shipment. But this is only likely if you store many products.
Cancel unavailable products: You can ask us to cancel the products that aren’t ready yet. In that case you will be refunded for the canceled products and part of the shipping cost.
A few notes on canceling:
- You are only allowed to cancel products with this order status:
- Not (yet) processing
- Backorder; only those without paid reservation or on backorder for more than 2 weeks
- You are not allowed to cancel products with this order status:
- Backorder with paid reservation and on backorder for less than 2 weeks