In the last week of 2018 we sent out a customer survey to buyers who purchased from us in 2018.
In total 38 people answered our 9 survey questions.
The survey was intended to give us some guidance in setting priorities for 2019.
Now, nearly 6 months later, we will report on the survey results and what we did with the outcome so far.
We wanted to know what our buyers thought of their experience with KKAMI. On average we received 4.84 out of 5 stars. And here is some of the praise we received:
- “Excellent customer service!”
- “Great selection and amazing service! Ludo is just the sweetest to work with.”
- “My shipments get delivered so fast and the quality the clothes is beyond amazing!”
- “Quick, fast response. Great customer service. FAST SHIPPING! A pleasure to work with.”
- “Exceptional service, great quality!”
In fact, 37 out of 38 answered they are ‘very satisfied’ with the customer service. And 92% said it was (very) likely they would order again from us.
Increase our product offer
Our variety of brands scored second best among the respondents. 97% was somewhat to very satisfied with the variety of brands we offer. In fact, nearly all suggested we continue to expand the portfolio. We asked for specific categories you would like to see more on KKAMI and these were high on your wishlists:
We took this encouragement and already added 19 new brands this Spring and another 19 this Summer. Many of them were babywear brands and unisex. We will continue to search for more great brands and hope to add more for boy, mom and junior soon.
Improvements to the website
It seems the online shopping experience was to your satisfaction with an average satisfaction score of 4.55 out of 5. Still we wanted to know what we could improve and got some really good feedback:
Perhaps you already noticed that we implemented some improvements along those lines:
- Availability indicators on the product pages and cart page. Find out more.
- E-mail alerts for new releases for your favorite brands. Find out more.
- And we added a bulk order form to allow you to add more sizes at once:
And we are working on some ideas to add brand specific size charts to the product pages, but this might not be ready until a couple of months later.
What could we do better?
We didn’t get perfect marks all across the board. There are still some areas that you pointed out that you were less satisfied with: pricing, availability, and shipping cost.
Elsewhere in the survey the respondents actually made some suggestions that could perhaps address the shipping and product cost aspects:
- 87% said that they ‘would love’ free shipping,
- 70% ‘would love’ a loyalty program, and
- 65% answered they ‘would love’ more special offers.
This is something that we haven’t decided on yet, since it a tricky matter. Our current price level allows us to offer a 5-star customer experience, which clearly is what our customers value most. It seems difficult to continue to do so at lower margins. But we will try a few things in the second half of 2019 that perhaps can help our buyers save money on occasion.
And we hope we will score better on the stock availability now that we added an indication of availability on the product pages and cart page.
Wish to share your opinion on this report, our customer service, product offer or something else? We value your input, so please contact us with your feedback.